Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bienvenida!

What on earth am I doing in Ecuador?
I'm am here for the entire month of October for an international medical rotation through Child and Family Health International.  I will be rotating through clinics in Quito doing work focused on reproductive health.  I'll also be taking Spanish classes in the afternoons and have the weekends and evenings free to study and see the sights around Ecuador.  Its going to be a great month, and I'm so excited to share this experience with my sister, Sue.
Sue and I on the plane, just before we landed in Quito



Quito Airport

Sue on the ride to our host family's house

My room
 We have spent the first few days getting acclimated.  The rainy season is just starting here, so its been a little colder than I expected.  We have had two full days of Spanish classes, and it has been raining in the evenings so we haven't been able to do much sightseeing yet.  Clinic starts tomorrow morning, and I'll be working in an adolescent clinic that is affiliated with the maternity hospital.  Hopefully, I can remember enough spanish to get by.  Stay tuned for many more pictures and updates!

2 comments:

  1. Take a bus to mancora on the other side of the border in peru................. your welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh...we'll have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete